Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bright eyes update

I had date number two with bright eyes then I never blogged about because I just was too embarrased, but just got a recent update that I must blog about. The night was good overall but there were a few factors that made me think not-so-much.

1. while we were drinking, I asked him casually "hey, tell me something about you that I don't know.." he replies "well, in college I used to experiment with guys and I really liked it". then persisted to tell me that he still is attracted to men, blah blah blah.
2. he just got out of a 4 year relationship a month ago
3. he was super reserved, temperature in the flirt thermometer read zero celsius
4. on our kiss goodnight, I finally understood the meaning of feeling like you kissed a fish.

So of course I write the dreadful letter (hey, I should get props, most people don't even write the letter!):

"Hey xxx,
I hate writing these emails but I just wanted to be honest with you.
I just don't think we really are a good fit for each other. I had a great time with you, but I guess it was just a couple things that made me reevaluate our compatibility. I am sure you are offended, and you have every right to be, but I just want to let you know that I really am not trying to offend, just be honest with you.

I hope we can be friends ...

-me"

and I know, its a shitty letter to write someone, but at the end of the day, its so much better then never calling them back and ignoring their calls, etc. right? I was being honest.
Later I get a response from him later (which i just received last night):



"no problem. i'm curious...what are those couple things? and don't
worry, you won't hurt my feelings."

I am super swamped today, so I didn't get a chance to write, but honestly, what the eff do you write back? Hi, I think you're gay? Not interested in getting with some guy that just got out of a 4 year relationship,... and now I just got this email:

"Your cat got your tongue? Or perhaps someone asked you to solve a puzzle

or offer to pick up more than two drinks."

what the hell was that? Now I am pissed off, that was just not necessary and rude.

so of course me being me writes this:

"excuse me? Were you trying to be an asshole by that comment?
I actually have not been at my computer long enough to take some time to write you back, and then I get this. Nice to show your true colors."

ugh, men. this is why I *retired.
*retired from meeting, dating any more men from nerve.com. and being very selective in who I am going to date if I meet someone elsewhere.

ugh, so over it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my sweet, lou. you're not retiring. you just need a break. that guy has CAHRAZY issues... and like musician taking his anger out on me the other day... you have to realize that HE is the one with the problem, not you. also, i don't usually say things like this, but you can't let that bad date write off nerve and stuff.

*you have to promise me never to put "let's just be friends" at the end of these rejection emails. he was such a freak, that frankly, he didn't deserve the email in the first place, and i would never approve of you being friends with such a person, so this is a case of don't say things you don't mean.

*that was me turning all motherly and lecture-y on you. i love you lady

youngmame said...

Lol..Love you too :) Yeah, you totally warned me not to put the "lets be friends" on that email...
hah!