Wednesday, August 8, 2007

robot

“Interesting in an unromantic way”
6.25, 11:33 AM EST

This converstation is from the nerve dating site. Just read these emails, he is half robot/half man

#1

Subject: Write me if you if you think I’m cute and not crazy
body: That is kind of the next step in its briefest forum


#2
Subject: well I am glad that you examined your filtered emails
body:

As a creative person I am curious what type of designer you are.

We should try to get drinks someday.

It would be nice if one day we could maybe cook dinner while watching a great foreign film.

I have a lot of outdoor spare and cook outside often. A Korean BBQ over would is not outside my range of skills alothough I think the wine might benefit from something western.

#3

Cooking for me is a kind of creative yet pastoral activity. Eating is more

like being cow in a pasture contented but neither active nor enlightened.

Really cooking is not enlightening but it makes me feel connected to

tradition.

Oh an I have a penthouse in a hotel where there is a tradition of creative

people living.

#5 (mind you by this time I have stopped all communication and he keeps writing)

I would really like to talk to you more. Although there are intellectual aspects to what I do the commercial part is really high margin, high price, low volume sales. I have a strong interest in mass market luxury as it

interacts with taste.

Fashion is a common expression of this interaction but it is a bad business.

I had considered backing a jewelry line but I never considered watches as a

creative endeavor due to the technical issues. If you call I promise to be

charming. My cell number is XXXXXXXXX. What is yours?


#6

I actually wrote a intelligent email about design and the integration of form and function as well as the "New Luxury" and then I closed it without sending or saving it.

Well suffice it to say I find these topics interesting and would enjoy

talking with you.



*** So I now try to close this by saying:

Sorry I haven't written, I just don't really know how to respond to your emails. They are just so formal and business-like. Anyhoo.. I just wanted to be honest and let you know that don't think we would be compatible, but good luck with your search. I am sure you will find someone that is more your match.

#7

subject: “Interesting in an unromantic way”

Actually, I am a lot of fun but I have a business like interest in the very area you specialize in. I know a lot about clothing construction but that area would not have elicited a business like inquiry because . . . well it is just a bad business . . . jewelry I know less about but still quite a bit. . Watch design is interesting to me in the same way that architecture is In the end my personality is mix of being intensely creative and bohemian but also a lawyer can be a little disconcerting . . .

I think we might have found each other interesting in an unromantic way which is why I wrote what I did. I will always be on the look out for interesting company even after I have found that “match” and learning about how a creative field works is well worth a few drinks to me.

Unlike most of these types of things I thought even without any chemistry talking with you would be stimulating and not a waste of time.

2 comments:

pixeltrixie said...

i'm convinced that you truly were talking to a computer...there was absolutely NOTHING personal about those emails between the two of you. so cold. so bland. so lame. -cew

Petri Dish said...

Those were the funniest nerve emails I've ever read. I think he was trying to have a business transaction with you. I also think English is not his first language. Or even second.