Saturday, August 11, 2007

email from scientist

i'm out of town as you ladies know. had one date with the scientist before i left, and we've been sending one another links and such in the interim.

i neglected to mention in my post before that on our first date he told me that he was born deaf, and he had a surgical procedure to correct it... and i'm sure that it's totally corrected, but when i read his emails, the sentence structure is.... well, i dunno, he seems...... not dumb....but deaf. he even talks this way slightly in person....he's certainly not "that deaf dude", but he talks low unnecessarily, reeled his head in a little close too mine when i was talking (and i talk loud, because i'm convinced i'm deaf too), etc.

whatevs. i'm sure that i'm thinking of this way too much, but here is his latest email that i wanted to add and subtract s's and add 'eds to.. but either way, the last sentence was super nice and complimentary.

okay. here it is (and he even says "hoity-toity" which i say and love. i also realize that this email won't make any sense out of context with his wretched grammar and the fact that we've talked about misc BBC online articles and such)
____________

Seriously thought, he does all the reading and I tell
all the jokes, it is one of the untold stories about a
boy and his giant.
Today (meaning somewhere between Thursday and Friday)
is much more realistic in temperature then it has
been, Although I am not satisfied, but you know it is
a sisyphean feat trying to accomplish that. I am
helping one of the girls in my lab study for her GRE
so words like 'sisyphean' come around each day, I am
not so hoity-toity.
Hey, you were checking out my shoes? I did not realize
you were you checking me out, hmmmm...that darn
engineer comes so obvious at times. It is funny (or
that sitituation when we use the word 'funny; when we
don't know how to explain ourselves) but i don't
think i mentioned how beautiful your smile was.

=pjb

3 comments:

youngmame said...

AWE.... how cute is that!

Petri Dish said...

Hold the phone. What kind of scientist is he? Does he have a really bushy beard and glasses? Because that's what I'm picturing.

Also, does he have any friends OUTSIDE of work?

Big Girl Panties said...

he reminds me of the computer from war games ;)