Monday, August 13, 2007

Rejection

So, after 3 dates with Nerve guy that I call Hoodies, I had to reject him, partially in favor of an even better Nerve dude, but also because we just weren't clicking. The question was: should I email a 'thanks but no thanks' type note or just not contact him again? He wasn't texting or emailing me or anything until several days later, when I received a nice voicemail message just seeing what I was up to. Then a few days later, the text:

So I'm beginning to think you've turned Amish or think I'm a sexist pig. Either of which sucks, haha. - Hoodies

So now the guilt sinks in. And I realize I have to email him. This is what I wind up sending:

Hey Hoodies,

Sorry I haven't responded to your texts. I have NOT turned Amish nor think you're a sexist pig. I've just started seeing someone kind of seriously, though. Good luck with your business and, well, everything!

And lo and behold I got a RESPONSE. I just can't figure out if it's snarky or not.

Hey,
Thanks for clarifying that. I was just beginning to accept the fact that I was just a flavor of the week. That's cool you found someone, you're a cool gal.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

youngmame said...

seems like it was a good way to have closure. He seemed cool about it, no?

Unknown said...

i love his "flavor of the month" comment. i feel kinda bad for him, in that he's probably gotten this before and feels second best. shit, i feel his pain. happens to me all the the time! was he cute? i should call him. sloppy seconds!