Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Play By Ear"

Yep. It's starting, and I think I'm already over it.

Here is the reply I got to "So Musician, do you still want to hang out sometime this week?":

"sounds cool, although i'm not sure if i'll be able to...i really need to buckle down for the show....even though its not going to be a big show, it's going to be video taped by some heads from chicago. so, this weekend i may be heading upstate NY. just to get away and work without distractions. we'll have to play it by ear"

....

"okay" i reply

and then:

"we'll have to play it by ear i also have to meet up with my homegirl many times this week. she's an amazing artist and needs my help infact i supposed to meet her today, but with this rain...i dunno"

....

whatevs dude. and this exactly why, like i said... no expectations. and then he proceeded to direct me to his "homegirls" myspace page so that i could see her "amazing" art where she does "amazing live shows"

ILK. i think i'm just in a bad mood. i admit, it's gloomy out. i'm feeling down, and i just want to go home and snuggle with someone (him), and he's doing the typical "gotta practice/chill with my homies" stuff... which, i already expected going in. but when it happens, that's when it sucks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to comment on my own post. I absolutely find pet peeve-ish the words "head/s", "homie's", "tracks", and "dope" as well as the overusage of the word "amazing" when describing street art/tacky paintings.

GOD im in a bad fucking mood today.

Petri Dish said...

At least he showed you her myspace page, so that you'd know he's not making it up or to show she's really just his friend.

Unknown said...

So what! Her work just hurt my eyes more than they already do!!!!!!!!!sdflkdjsflkjlkJL!

haha!

youngmame said...

Yeah man, that shit goes up there with "oh snap!". All I have to say is NEXT.......

Big Girl Panties said...

yeah i can see how his responses bum you out, but none of them seem personally directed or implying he needs space from you. if he stays true to how he was from the beginning, hes gonna handle his shit and still make the effort when he can. just sucks hes got the shit in the first place rather than living in your closet as your plaything ;)