Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bright eyes

After a string of horrid dates, I have decide to just take things slowly and carefully decide who I want to meet up with. Btw, Mouth wrote me and said "What's up? Why have you been MIA, you busy? You out of town or are you scared of me? :)"
It kinda was the third one which he had no clue... So I had the write the painful "we're not a good fit" email and I have not heard from him since.

Now we come to the chapter of Bright eyes. I've spoken to Bright eyes for about a couple weeks now (of course on nerve.com). The wonderful thing I noticed about him is that he wasn't pushy about getting my phone number or meeting up for a drink but oh so much the gentleman (which then almost made me skeptical *the jaded dater in me thinking...)

We emailed back and for for about ten emails and talk on the phone for about an hour the night before we met for our date :) I was talking about this movie 2 Days in Paris so he suggested we see it and then go to a bar close by and get some drinks.

After I drop off my work stuff at home, I changed into something comfortable cute and headed to the Angelika. Well, I don't know if it was the thickness of my dress (wore a couple layers) or maybe I was nervous (which I didn't feel nervous?) because I was just sweating. -- so annoying because it wasn't even all that hot outside.

I meet him on the steps of the theater, it is breezy outside so I think I am cooled down... btw am oh-so-happily surprised (Thank God!). He was very handsome, beautiful blue-green eyes and had a great smile that made his entire face light up ultimately making you smile. - love that :)

So we give a cute awkward hug and went inside. As we begin to talk, I notice I am still sweating! It is really embarrassing because I look around and everyone in the place looks cool as a cucumber and its not like I am drenched but I worry I have a dewy mustache or something..... But we keep talking as I am internally obsessed with thinking me=sweaty pig.
So of course I say "I'm so embarrassed, I don't know why I am so hot right now-- and try to laugh it off". Bright eyes laughs too and smiles at me while trying to make me feel like its no big deal. awe.

We find seats and finally the sweating stops (phew).

The movie was funny but a little slow in the middle but overall cute (I suggest wait and Netflix it). Afterwards he chooses this super cute bar that's about three blocks away (perfect choice!- looked like a little French bistro that was just the right crowded and it had a side room that was empty lit by a few candles and by chance one table empty.
We had a couple glasses of Cabernet and spoke about family, life, friends, food, etc. Bright eyes was not a comedian or a super outgoing guy but actually more reserved. Not the reserved where it is intimidating or uninviting but the type where you enjoy the silences and wonder what he thinks about. He even bought the Elvis Perkins album I mentioned on my profile- how cute is that?!

Clock strikes 11:30 and I say unfortunately I have to go home, he concurs. When my cab approaches, I turn to give him a hug and he surprises me with a light kiss on the cheek. I blush and say goodnight.

Later I text "Thank you again for a great night, you were wonderful :)"

He texts back "Thanks. I share the sentiment, you're smart, sweet and if I may add foxy too"

Hopefully there will be date #2 with Bright eyes......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! my fingers are crossed for a date#2. i find that the non pushy guys are the best ones. And he didn't sound the least bit sleazy, or pushy, or icky... and his reply text also sounded very cute and promising. w00t!