Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Musician Number Three

I broke my own (and mmmpez, and Moxielady, and JHo's) rules by going on a date with yet another musician. The first musician, he was from last summer, and he actually wasn't bad at all, he just got bored of me after around 2 months... but I mean, we enjoyed one anothers company and stuff until he sent me the "sorry, i've met someone in real life i've decided to date, and i really need to focus on my music" email. The next one was Canadian, who was a DJ who also needed to "focus on his life and music". And then we have musician number three, who i mentioned briefly in the scientist post by referring to him as the "douchebag from ichat".

Anyways, I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet. I got talked in to getting ONE drink with the Musician Number Three. I told him through chatting that his being a musician was already a red flag for me (that hurt his feelings, but i was just being honest), and that musicians should date other musicians, because they are horrible at balancing time, and I don’t want to waste my time on someone who has a poor concept of it. But, he asked that I come out anyway… said that he’s different, etc. So I was like… that’s just fine. Lord knows I need some distraction, and if anything this will be a great bad date story for the Lady blog.

We went to a cute bar in Fort Greene. He is by far, the cutest guy I’ve ever met from online dating. A great smile and teeth, a cute laugh. He’s short, but…well that’s fine. We stayed there for a little while and managed to strike up a conversation with a total stranger who of course was in a band, and the two of them began bouncing songs/groups/venues off of one another. Thankfully that only lasted for like 5 mins before we started talking about movies.

After around an hour or so, we got bored and went to my beloved college dive bar and got some lager. And then I saw another friend of mine I hadn’t seen since college, and she was with a friend, and the four of us all sat around chatting, and then we sang along to around three songs in a row that came on the jukebox. That one drink turned in to 4 beers, and then it was time to go home. He had to wake up for his job (That’s right.. he has a JOB thank god. He’s a designer as well, and does exhibition/signage for one of my favorite museums in the city—so he was able to pay for his own beer)

So. That was it. This is the part of the post where I evaluate the date and I’m going to type the following: I had a really good time. Yes, I hope to see him again. Yuh huh, there was chemistry, and I will take it one day at a time without any expectations.

He insisted I call him when I got home so that he knew I got there okay, and didn’t want to get on the subway until he knew I was in a cab home. At one point he did this really cheesy, blantantly funny move where he jumped in and held my hand and we walked that way for a block until it was time to part ways. And then we had a nice, tongue-less kiss goodnight.

We’ll see where it goes, but I had a really good time, and wouldn’t mind seeing Musician Number Three again.

6 comments:

youngmame said...

I am so loving this! You totally deserved this, lady :)

Petri Dish said...

Aw he held your hand!

Big Girl Panties said...

this post/story is so good, even I want to see him again. ...please do!

Big Girl Panties said...

...my last comment if anything shows how pathetically optimistic i am that holding hands turns into wedding bells.

zora said...

This sounds like the perfect first date! Really exciting!!! Woohoo!!! And while I totally understand the musician rule, I break it all the time... cuz, well, I can't help it... I have a problem!

Unknown said...

Yes, I have a problem too! Hence him being Number Three. Actually, if I count my very first boyfriend in college who dumped me by saying "I don't want a girlfriend anymore. I only have time for my boys and my turntables"..... this would make this guy number Four, or maybe even 5, I'm sure I'm leaving someone out. When will we ever learn??