Thursday, August 9, 2007

salesman

Day before yesterday I reluctantly went on a drink date from this guy I will refer to as Salesman.


As internet daters, we all can agree that there's got to be that something that draws you to want to do all that work to ultimately see each other face to face. Salesman had that all American guy look, but there was either something missing or just not right.
But of course I said "eh. why not"-- (....I really need to stop doing that )

The day of the date was when the high was to be a scorching 95 degrees, so I suggested going to a cute wine bar that also happened to be oh-so close to my apartment (less sweatier the better).
So he was like "okay, how about somewhere between 8:15-8:45, i want to go to the gym so I will call you when I get out".

I thought to myself, Great, I also can go to the gym, so then texted back "hey, sounds good I can hit the gym too, want to make it easier and just meet at 9?"

Then I get a reply:
"Hmm, now you are picking the time and the place? Since I am accomidate you on the place, can you accommidate me on the time? I really think that 8:15 would be better for me"

I am mildly irritated at this point. Is he saying that because its a power thing or because he misunderstood me? I was only trying to help... So I give him the benefit of the doubt and write back "sure thing, whatever works best for you"

THEN he texts me this!:
"good girl..... j/k. Can't wait to meet you, see you at 815"

Okay, now I am officially irritated. "good girl?"

So then he calls me at 7:30 (i just got out of the gym) and he goes "hey i'm in Chelsea.
I was like "uh, i just got out of the gym, im not ready to meet you yet, why don't you go shopping or something while you wait for me"
then he goes "well that bar you chose, I didn't realize it was a wine bar, I don't like wine.. well I do like wine but I'm just not in the mood. Do you know anywhere else go?"

I think to myself, this dude is out of control. Wouldn't you look up the place and know where you're going before you get there? I am pretty sure I distinctly said "wine bar"

So he says he will walk around and pick a place. He picks this restaurant that is mainly populated with hot trendy gay men. I thought it was a little random but didn't really think anything about it because it was a quick fix for not wanting to go to a wine bar. Who doesnt like wine btw? so odd....

So I get there and Salesman has made friends with everyone at the bar (seriously) and especially is flirty with the bartender. I was like okay, this guy is so flamboyant but I am already over the date before its begun. So we talk, he is definitely a chatty cathy talking about his amazing job, working for the best and biggest investment real estate banking company that is his fathers, etc.. He constantly does the sleezy eyeing up and down and "compliments" me on my legs, etc. then turns and flirts it up with the bartender. its like I get ten minutes, bartender gets five minutes, etc. So weird!

The drink thing lasted for a whopping one hour-- thank goodness. I hugged him goodbye and as I walked away he replies:
"damn, I love that dress you're wearing, it accentuates all the right areas"

ewe.

he texts me that night: "Oh my goodness. You were so calm. Loved your demeanor. very feminine. And what a bod! I couldve finished u off in like 2 bites ..... :)..

*ewe.

then he writes the next day:
"Hope I didn't offend thee with my text?.......... :)

**yes, yes you did

the afternoon:
"No Response????"

**i stopped writing after that drink thing, but i figured I should just write an "I'm not interested email". so I did. I write:
Hey xxxx,
Just wanted to say I had a nice time with you last night. No, your text didn't offend me, thanks for all the compliments
I am writing just to be honest with you, I just don't know that we are the right "fit" for each other. I hope you can understand and have no hard feelings.

Good luck on your search though, I am sure you will have no trouble finding that special someone.

Best,
me

See, I put in all those smiley faces to lighten things up.

So I text him "um, I wrote you an email."
and in five minutes he writes: "Are you serious? We barely know each other and you're judging "fit???" what is up with that?"

then a minute later:
"Your email was so formal and ridiculous... you hardly know me. Oh my god........


the end. I hope...

No comments: