Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Musician on myspace

I am not trying to gang up on the musicians, but just thought this was funny because we have just had a posting on this. It's Lou here, and I need your thoughts...

I am just checking my myspace account and of course you get the random friend requests from the musical groups, so this guy sends out a friend request. I check out the profile, his pictures are cute but I don't bother listening to the music and don't accept.
He then writes me an email:
"Hey there.. don't want to be my friend? :( lol "

Then I say:
hah, I'm surprised you noticed that I didn't accept, aren't 1775 ladies on your website enough? :)

Him:
" lol, they are there mostly for marketing and band stuff. I don't even talk to a half of a half of a half of them. lol
There are only a few that I talk to on a normal basis. I would like to read your profile and get to know you not just have you on my list of "friends"
who knows I might just surprise you :)"

I think think, oh why not accept (I am set to private). He writes back:
haha that is funny. see then I really might just surprise you if you give me a chance to get to know you and you get to know me. ;)

I'm upstate at my singers house waiting for our guitar player to get here so we can get on the road to New Orleans we will be driving down tonight and will be coming back on sunday night

so you accepted my request? :) thanks! wow you are very beautiful! AND you're single??? no way.. wow and a huge music fan too!!!!! hmmm
so what are the chances that I could possibly get you to go out with me sometime in the future? ;)


Now I'm thinking, awe he's so sweet. I then take a real look on his profile. He is cute but what shocks me is that there are all these half naked women (seriously, not at all being subtle or understating in this comment) all over his website. Actually he has a part where he shows women naked from all over the world that say "hey, I haven't spoken to you in a while (this chick just had underwear and no bra), or just showin' some luv " and they are all asian. -I am asian. Marketing? What kind of Marketing is that, because I never knew that pasting hundreds of pics of skanky women heightens the desirability factor of someone's music career?
His personal pics, however were sweet... and.... I am still thinking no and write him this:

Hey xxxx,

you seem quite charming and I am sure you are a nice guy. Sure we can be friends, other then that.. I have to be honest, your website is like showing me a thousand red flags waving in my face.lol.. I am not a serial dater, just waiting for a nice real relationship, so I don't think we are looking for the same thing. but friends, I can do that..

Anyhow, good luck on your show, I am sure you will be fantastic!

-me

and this morning I get a last email from him saying:

Lou,
I understand how looking at my profile you can have red flags. But do not judge a book by its cover. My MySpace profile is for my band. Promoting it and such. Its really an image thing. I can assure you that I too am looking for a relationship. Something deep meaningful and long lasting. I'm a hopeless romantic and you would never guess it by looking at my profile. I have dated and I'm so over that. I want to have someone special in my life so I'm sorry to say you have me all wrong. That's why I would Ike for you to get to know me and me get to know you. Just give me a chance. Go out on one date with me. If you still feel that way fine. But at least give me a chance. Please.


Okay, so obviously he is really trying hard but I still feel reluctant and now I just feel bad about this.

Thoughts please!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmmmmm. this sounds oh so familiar. not to mention the laundry list of players in his life ("my boy and my amazing lady friend whos a drummer in this other band and i have to blah blah blah, and drive up here for my band and blah")

... i dunno, i am so not the right person to ask, but these musician people simply don't have the time for people who AREN'T musicians. i mean. they're just too busy. and then you get wrapped up in them, and your scheds don't fit in their scheds, vice versa.... whatever. do what i did. go on one date, but do what i did and don't take him the least bit seriously. also, someone who has naked girls on their site, and they're all "THAT'S not the real meeee!! that's my BAND me!". um, i know i only have time to date one person. not someone with two personalities that they can turn on and off.

(like i said, i may not be giving this guy a fair chance, but i just want you to be spared of bullshit!)